ELC-36th Day - छत्तीसवाँ दिन
36th Day - We have learnt about different types of Verb. Today we will
learn about the Agreement between Verb & Subject and about the usage of Keeps on / Go on / Carry on. |
It is important to know about the agreement between Verb & Subject. Use of Keep on / Go on / Carry on is commonly used in English conversation.
Agreement between Verb and Subject
It is very important to learn the use of Verb with each Parts of Sentence - Subject, Noun, Pronoun, Preposition, Conjunction etc. There are different rules and by
cramming these rules, one cannot learn good English. Read the rules again & again and make your own sentences to achieve command over English. Agreement
between Verb and Subject for the use of Verb is explained hereunder:
क्रिया के प्रयोग को वाक्य के हर भाग - Subject, Noun, Pronoun, Preposition, Conjunction आदि के साथ सीखना बहुत मतवपूर्ण है । कई नियम है और
उनको रटने से कोई अच्छी अँग्रेज़ी नही सीख सकता है । इन नियमों को बार बार पढ़ें और इंग्लिश पर प्रभुत्व प्राप्त करने के लिये अपने वाक्य बनांए । क्रिया के प्रयोग के लिये verb और subject के बीच अग्रीमेंट को यहाँ नीचे बतलाया गया हैः
|1||When two different nouns in a sentence are used for same subject, singular verb form is used.||जब दो अलग अलग noun, वाक्य में एक ही सब्जेक्ट के लिये प्रयुक्त हो तो, singular verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. The writer and the economist has met with an accident. |
2. The leader and the actor has won the election.
3. The Director and professor has resigned today.
4. The speaker and the artist mesmerized the audience.
|2||When two nouns of the same meaning or different meaning but used as a phrase in sentence, singular verb form is used.||जब दो noun एक सा अर्थ रखते हों या अलग अलग अर्थ वाले परंतु एक phrase की तरह वाक्य में प्रयुक्त हुए हों तब singular verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. The profit and gain of the company is very lucrative. |
2. The advantage and benefit of making him a member is known to all.
3. Slow and steady wins the race.
4. Breakfast of bread and butter is available in all the hotels.
|3||When two or more singular nouns are connected in a sentence by - or, either…or, neither…nor, singular verb form is used.||जब दो या दो से अधिक singular noun वाक्य में - or, either...or, neither…nor से जुड़े हो तब singular verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. Either Mr Bimlendu Biswas or Mr Rajesh Narain is to be present in office. |
2. Neither Avyan nor Vartika has started speaking before 18 months.
3. Kanika or her mother gives suitable reply.
4. No student or teacher was in favour of his dismissal.
|4||When two or more nouns mixed - singular(s) and plural(s) nouns are connected in a sentence by - or, either…or, neither…nor, plural noun must be put just before the verb and plural verb form is used.||जब दो या दो से अधिक noun कोई singular कोई plural noun वाक्य में - or, either...or, neither…nor से जुड़े हो तब plural noun को verb के साथ लगाया जाता है और plural verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. Either the leader or the employees have to be tempted to break the strike. |
2. Neither she nor her family members were ready to send her abroad.
3. Reeta or her friends have consoled her.
4. Raj or his friends have broken the glass.
|5||When two or more subjects of different persons are connected in a sentence by - or, either…or, neither…nor, verb is used as per the subject that comes just before it.||जब दो या दो से अधिक subject अलग अलग Person के एक वाक्य में - or, either…or, neither…nor से जुड़े हो तब वर्ब से तुरंत पहले प्रयुक्त subject के अनुसार verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. Either you or Manjula is answerable. |
2. Neither she nor I am going to tolerate his nuisance.
3. She or they are going by train.
4. Either we or your principal is to get the credit of your success.
|6||When two subjects are connected in a sentence by Not only…but also, verb is used as per the subject that comes just before it.||जब दो subject एक वाक्य में - Not only…but also, से जुड़े हो तब verb से तुरंत पहले प्रयुक्त subject के अनुसार verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. Not only they but also she was enjoying annual function of their school. |
2. Not only the professors but all the students were in formal uniform.
3. Not only Avyan but also Vartika has started speaking.
4. Not only farmers but also the executives are demanding immediate action on crimes.
|7||When another subject of the sentence is connected with the conjunctions - as well as, with, together with, besides, in addition to in a sentence, verb form is used as per the first subject of the sentence.||जब वाक्य में एक subject से दूसरा subject निम्न conjunctions - as well as, with, together with, besides, in addition से जुड़ा हो तब verb पहले subject के अनुसार प्रयुक्त होता है ।|| 1. Three shirts in addition to one T-shirt have been purchased by her. |
2. His car with all the additional accessories is damaged in flood water.
3. Crows despite its ugly look are invited during shraads.
4. He as well as his mentors is going to take holy bath in the Ganga.
|8||When two different singular subjects are connected with And, plural form of verb is used.||जब दो singular subject को And से जोड़ा जाता है to plural verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. Sita and Gita are real sisters. |
2. Sita and Gita is a famous movie.
3. Avyan and Vartika have become very naughty.
4. Kanika and her mother are very smart in talking.
|9||When collective nouns - Committee, Army, Parliament, Jury, Council, Team, etc are used as a unit in sentence, singular verb form is used.||जब collective noun - Committee, Crew, Parliament, Jury, Council, इत्यादि वाक्य में एक इकाई की तरह प्रयुक्त हो तब singular verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. The committee has declared elections. |
2. The Parliament is capable of making any law.
3. The jury has taken a historic decision.
4. The council meets tomorrow.
|10||When collective nouns - Committee, Army, Parliament, Jury, Council, Team, etc are not used as a unit or seems divided in sentence, plural verb form is used.||जब collective noun - Committee, Crew, Parliament, Jury, Council, इत्यादि वाक्य में एक इकाई की तरह प्रयुक्त ना हो और अलग अलग/विभक्त प्रतीत हो तब plural verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. The jury are meeting with their families today. |
2. My family have settled in different countries.
3. Army were marching at sensitive places.
4. Team are working hard to meet their individual goals.
|11||Singular form of verb is used with noun connected with Each and Every.||Each and Every से जुड़े हुए noun के साथ singular verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. Each employee has to attend the meeting. |
2. Every girl is now confident to succeed in any field.
3. Each candidate has spent three days in forest camp.
4. Each boy and every girl has appreciated about the teaching techniques imparted in the school.
|12||Singular form of verb comes with Either of, Each of, Neither of and plural noun comes after them.||Either of, Each of, Neither of के साथ singular verb का प्रयोग होता है और इनके बाद plural noun आता है ।|| 1. Each of the officers is deployed on duty. |
2. Either of the brothers is to apologize for it.
3. Neither of us is going to counsel him.
4. Each of the students is detained for full time in the examination hall.
|13||Singular form of verb is used with nouns - Everyone, Everybody, Somebody, Someone, No one, Each one.||Everyone, Everybody, Somebody, Someone, No one, Each one के साथ singular verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. Everyone is enjoying the picnic. |
2. Somebody is going to warn you.
3. Nobody has dared to stop me.
4. Each one is eligible for the course.
|14||Singular form of verb is used with Noun which looks plural but are singular in meaning.||Singular verb का प्रयोग होता है जब noun दिखने में plural लगे परंतु अर्थ में singular हो ।|| 1. Interesting news is en-cashed by news channels. |
2. Physics is my favourite subject.
3. Mathematics is a 100% scoring subject.
4. First innings of my life is very successful.
|15||Plural form of verb is used with Nouns which look singular but are plural in meaning like -People, Dozen, Hundred, Thousand, Million, Company, Gentry, etc.||Plural verb का प्रयोग होता है जब noun दिखने में singular लगे परंतु अर्थ में plural हो जैसे - People, Dozen, Hundred, Thousand, Million, Company, Cattle आदि ।|| 1. People have great hope from the new Government. |
2. The storm has badly affected the trees and more than hundred have been uprooted.
3. Million are playing lottery daily.
4. The cattle are grazing in the field.
|16||Use of Other and Another -If noun comes after Other, plural noun and plural verb is used and if noun comes after Another, singular noun and singular verb is used.||Other-Another । जब वाक्य में Other के बाद कोई noun आये तो plural noun और plural verb का प्रयोग होता है और यदि Another के बाद कोई noun आये तो singular noun और singular verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. There are other options also. |
2. There is another option also.
3. There are other players waiting for their turn.
4. There is another player waiting for his turn.
Pages of Current Lesson
|Links of English Learning Course Lessons|
कृपया यहाँ क्लिक करें : इंग्लिश सीखने का सही तरीका जानने के लिए ।
TOP : Home : Essential Grammar : Learning Course : Day To Day English : Vocabulary : Sitemap : Privacy : About:Feedback
All Rights are reserved.