Website by englishkitab :
www.boliyeji.com - Listen and Learn English & Hindi speaking through real life conversational topics
Click to read Hindi text of englishkitab.com written with English Alphabets
ELC-36th Day - Page-2
36th Day - We have learnt about different types of Verb. Today we will
learn about the Agreement between Verb & Subject and about the usage of Keeps on / Go on / Carry on. |
It is important to know about the agreement between Verb & Subject. Use of Keep on / Go on / Carry on is commonly used in English conversation.
Agreement between Verb and Subject
|17||If countable noun comes with - All, Some; both noun and verb come plural and if uncountable noun comes with them, both noun and verb come singular in the sentence.||All, Some के साथ यदि countable noun आता है तो noun तथा verb दोनो plural लगती हैं और यदि uncountable noun आता है तो noun तथा verb दोनो singular लगती है ।|| 1. All the Meru cabs are of same colour. |
2. All the passion comes from self motivation.
3. Some snakes are very poisonous.
4. Some liquid is lying in that vessel.
|18||If countable noun comes with - A number of, a lot of, plenty of, some of, none of, percent of, many of, much of, one third of, three fourth of; both noun and verb are plural and if uncountable noun comes with them, both noun and verb are singular.||a number of, a lot of, plenty of, some of, none of, percent of, many of, much of, one third of, three fourth of; के साथ यदि countable noun आता है तो noun तथा verb दोनो plural लगती है और यदि uncountable noun आता है तो noun तथा verb दोनो singular लगती है ।|| 1. Plenty of tigers are found in Gir forest. |
2. Plenty of time is already wasted.
3. Most of the students are not serious about their career.
4. Most of the production was ready in time.
5. A number of visitors are surfing this site.
6. Much of the milk does not contain real fat.
7. Many of books are liked by him.
8. One third of the committee members have voted against him.
9. Two third of the apple is given to the boy.
10. None of the employee was present on that day.
|19||Use of 'A number of' and 'The number of'. Plural verb comes with 'A number of' and singular verb comes with 'The number of'.||a number of' और 'The number of'- 'a number of' के बाद plural verb आता है तथा 'The number of' के बाद singular verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. A number of girls prefer to go on a picnic with their parents. |
2. A number of jobs are still pending.
3. The number of successful candidates is applying for computer course.
4. The number of selected shirts is marked for sale.
|20||Scissors, spectacles, shoes, goggles, trousers, etc - looks plural and made of two parts. With these, plural form of verb is used. But if 'a pair' is used with them, then singular verb is used.||Scissors, spectacles, shoes, goggles, trousers, आदि दिखने मे plural लगती है और do भागो से बनी होती है । इनके साथ plural फ़ॉर्म का प्रयोग होता है । किन्तु यदि इनके साथ 'a pair का प्रयोग हो तो singular verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. The scissors are kept in the drawer. |
2. My spectacles are giving me trouble.
3. A pair of shoes is ordered by me.
4. A pair of trousers is packed in the suitcase
|21||When a noun comes after More than one, singular verb is used but when noun comes between More _____(noun) than one, plural verb is used.||जब noun More than one के बाद आता है तो singular verb का प्रयोग होता है किन्तु जब noun More _____(noun) than one के बीच में आता है तो plural verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|| 1. More than one person was injured. |
2. More than one woman was granted election ticket.
3. More leaders than one were criticized by people.
4. More students than one have joined summer camps.
|22||When verbs - Dare and Need are used in sentence as Modals, it does not become dares/needs even for singular subject.||जब verb - Dare और Need वाक्य में मॉडल की तरह प्रयुक्त होते है to singular verb के साथ भी dares/needs नही प्रयुक्त होते ।|| 1. He dare to criticize the minister. |
2. They dare not come here.
3. He need not to call doctor.
4. Dolly dare not say anything to Kanika.
|23||In Imaginary sentences, plural verb is used for singular subject also.||कल्पनाशील (Imaginary) वाक्यो में singular subject के साथ भी plural verb का प्रयोग किया जाता है ।|| 1. I wish I were a king. |
2. Were you my boss!
3. If I were a bird, I would have flown in the sky.
4. If I were a sparrow, I would have reached my mother immediately.
|24||Generic reference with 'The' - the rich, the poor, the old, the young, the English, the Indian makes them plural and plural verb is used for them. It is incorrect to write 'the poors', 'the olds'.||जातिगत हवाला 'The' - the rich, the poor, the old, the young, the English, the Indian इनको plural अर्थ देता है और plural verb का प्रयोग किया जाता है । Plural अर्थ के लिये 'the poor' को 'the poors' लिखना गलत है ।|| 1. The rich are not always happy. |
2. The old always love soft music.
3. The young are ambitious but impatient.
4. The Indian are quite religious.
|1||When two different nouns in a sentence is used for same subject, singular verb form is used.||जब दो अलग अलग noun, वाक्य में एक ही subject के लिये प्रयुक्त हो तो, singular verb का प्रयोग होता है ।|
| 1. The writer and economist has met with an accident. |
2. The leader and actor has won the election.
3. The Director and professor has resigned today.
4. The speaker and artist is mesmerizing the audience.
| 1. लेखक और अर्थशास्त्री दुर्घटनाग्रस्त हुआ है । |
2. नेता और अभिनेता चुनाव जीत गया है ।
3. निर्देशक और प्रोफेसर ने आज इस्तीफा दे दिया है ।
4. वक्ता और कलाकार श्रोताओं को मंत्रमुग्ध कर रहा है ।
The most common verbs in English
The 25 most commonly used verbs in English are: 1. be, 2. have, 3. do, 4. say, 5. get, 6. make, 7. go, 8. know, 9. take, 10. see, 11. come, 12. think, 13. look,
14. want, 15. give, 16. use, 17. find, 18. tell, 19. ask, 20. work, 21. seem, 22. feel, 23. try, 24. leave, 25. call.
Keep on / Go on / Carry on (K/G/C)
The usage of 'Keep on / Go on / Carry on' is very common in English conversation. All the three express the meaning to continue or persist in
doing something. When a work is continuing constantly, then 'Keep on / Go on / Carry on (K/G/C)' is used in English. Any one of the three, can be
used but mostly 'Keep on' is used in sentences.
'Keep on / Go on / Carry on' का English बोलचाल में प्रयोग बहुत common है । तीनो किसी कार्य के लगातार जारी या बने रहने का अर्थ व्यक्त करते है । जब कोई काम लगातार होता रहता है
तो ऐसे वाक्यो को हम 'Keep on / go on / carry on' की मदद से अनुवाद करते हैं । Keep on / Go on / Carry on (K/G/C) में से कोई भी एक का प्रयोग कर सकते हैं लेकिन ज्यादातर 'Keep on'
का प्रयोग किया जाता है:
K/G/C in Imperative Sentences
Rule : K/G/C on + Verb (Ist Form) + Ing + Object.
|हमेशा भगवान को याद करते रहो ।||Keep on praying to God always.|
|हमेशा भगवान की प्रार्थना करते रहो ।||Go on praying to God always.|
|हमेशा भगवान की आराधना करते रहो ।||Carry on praying to God always.|
|कॉलेज में रोज आते रहिये ।||Keep on coming to college daily.|
|दौड़ते रहो ।||Keep on running.|
|उसके कर्ज के बारे में उसे याद कराते रहो ।||Keep on reminding him about his debts.|
|उससे दूरी बनाये रखो ।||Keep on maintaining distance from him.|
|उसकी गतिविधिओं पर नजर रखते रहो ।||Keep on watching her activities.|
|उस पर घूरते मत रहो ।||Don't keep on staring at her.|
|उसको संदेश मत भेजते रहो ।||Don't go on writing messages to him.|
|अपने संकल्प को याद करते रहो ।||Keep on remembering your commitments.|
|ट्युशन क्लास लेते रहो ।||Please carry on taking tuition class.|
|बच्चों के मन में सदगुण बिठाते रहो ।||Keep on inculcating virtue in the children.|
Pages of Current Lesson
|Links of English Learning Course Lessons|
कृपया यहाँ क्लिक करें : इंग्लिश सीखने का सही तरीका जानने के लिए ।
TOP : Home : Essential Grammar : Learning Course : Day To Day English : Vocabulary : Sitemap : Privacy : About:Feedback
All Rights are reserved.